I have another super easy recipe for you all (Y) Funnily enough when I rang my dad the evening I was making this turns out mum and him were having the same thing, spooky ey?
Anyway, this is my made up completely hit and miss recipe for stuffed peppers. They were scrummy and I had them with a side of sweet potato mash :)
So, you will need:
- 2 bell peppers (size dependent on hunger levels)
- half a red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 mushrooms
- half a carton of tomato pasata
- half a packet of microwavable quinao and rice (you can be fancy and cook it yourself from scratch but this is so much quicker)
- salt, pepper and mixed herbs to taste
Before you even start cooking pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees C ready to soften your peppers.
- Cut of the top of the pepper and scoop it’s insides out. Just cut enough off to be able to stuff the entire pepper.
- Chop the onions, mushrooms and garlic into small pieces. I used coconut oil to fry it all off until soft.
- Once soft, pour in the pasata and stir in until mixed in. You can use chopped tomatoes or tomato puree but I thin the pasata acts as a good sauce and glues it all together.
- Cook your quinao packet in the microwave for specified time. Once cooked just pour half (or more if needed) into the mixture and combine.
- Take your peppers out of the oven after around 20 mins. They should be half cooked so that when you stuff them and bake again they turn out perfect.
- Spoon the mix into the peppers. I then topped them with some grated vegan cheese coz I love it haha.
- Bake for a further 15 mins until the top crispens. Sometimes the peppers don’t always stand up by themselves so try using some scrunched up tin foil as a wall for them to lean against or just lean them against each other.
Serve with whatever takes ya fancy and enjoy :)